The Balkan region is large and diverse, containing many peoples and languages with a unique history of co-existence in spite of external pressures. The language industry is characterised by a large number of small companies and relatively slow penetration of new technologies. The market is characterised by downward price pressure that makes it difficult to sell a high quality or even a standardised product.
The organising committee is seeking paper submissions looking at aspects of four distinct strands for the plenary sessions.
The Balkans - topics might include:
- History, languages and the sprachbund
Sales and Marketing - topics might include:
- How to sell quality
- Market position and brand development
- The position of small companies
- Balancing price and quality
- End clients and MLVs
- Public and private sectors
Organisation and Productivity - topics might include:
- Performance indicators and benchmarking
- Managing HR in a growing company
- The right mix of in-house and freelance staff
- Vendor management
- Approaches to cost calculation
- Standards and certification
- Using consultants
- Change management
Technology and Trends - topics might include:
- The widening field of CAT
- Neural, statistical, rules-based MT
- Process management
- Technical solutions for remote interpreting
- Data security
In addition to the main plenary sessions, the organising committee is also interested in receiving proposals for up to four master classes. If you have a proposal for one, please send a 300 word outline.
A combination of main topic/master class is welcome.
The deadline to submit your proposal is
Monday 10 July 2017.
For more about the event www.upps.org.rs/blis