Call for proposals – deadline to submit: 30th June 2021
The TC conference takes the form of peer-reviewed presentations and posters and features panel discussions and workshops.
Contributions are invited on any topic related to the technologies used in translation and interpreting, including, but not limited to translation environment and interpreting tools:
- Translation Memory software
- Terminology Management systems
- Machine Translation solutions
- Multilingual Corpora
- Quality Assessment and Control, as well as
- Natural Language Processing for translation and interpreting
- Localisation, and
- Translation Workflow and Management.
Other important topics are:
- training (both initial and continuous)
- the influence of artificial intelligence on the rapidly changing translation and interpreting industry
- the ergonomics and suitability of tools and resources to facilitate collaboration between translators and translation companies, and
- new mobile technologies applied to translation and interpreting
- how the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on our industry is being addressed by stakeholders.
This conference will feature special sessions on the deployment, interoperability and use of neural machine translation, its technical implementation and its influence on the daily work of language service providers, both freelancers and translation companies.